THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ode to loneliness: "I feel like..."

I feel like a lonely tree...
High up on a lush, green hill...
With a bundle of dark clouds...
Looming over me mockingly...

I feel like I have to keep fighting...
To get my share of sunlight...

I feel obligated to kiss the air around me...
So I can continue breathing...

I feel...
...I feel that
Loneliness is aggressively consuming my very soul...
Erasing my sheer existence...

This is the reason why...
...  Even in your majestic presence...
I can't conceive...
I am failing to utter...
Simple words of...
'I Love You'

I'm so afraid...
That you won't see me twice...
You won't feel the same way that I do...
And you will see me differently...

I'm so constantly worried
Because my shadow is haunting me...
Secretly in its demeanor...
As I reach high up
Anticipating my fall... 

But deep inside I know...
I will soar steadily...
As my roots are intact...
Nothing will shake me...

No matter what the obstacles...
I shall stand tall...
So I can embrace the warmth of the sun...
The one who has always loved me...
Who? The real me...




0 comments: